The Seattle Reign Crown Megan Rapinoe

 

“When you look at [my jersey in the rafters], well I guess you’ll be thinking of me,” she said. “But just know that every time I look at that number, I’m gonna see you. I’m gonna see every pride flag, and every trans flag, and every Black Lives Matter flag, and every equal pay flag, and every ‘Fuck Portland’ flag. And I’m gonna see purple hair and pink hair and a short stint of blue hair. And I’m gonna see families that I feel like I grew up with…. So just know that when you’re looking up and thinking about me, I’m looking up and thinking about all of you, and all of the incredible moments that we shared.” 

I've never been and don't know much about soccer (other than that I find the Vuvuzela even more annoying than the baseball/football stadium Wave, which they probably do at soccer too) but salute, and a big Yay, for Megan Rapinoe! And also Sue Bird, right in pic, who played for the Storm, Seattle's most successful sports franchise this century, and who recently got a street named after her. 

The royal couple of Seattle sports. 

Hannah Murphy Winter at The Stranger


No comments:

Post a Comment