“I ain’t even buying no Tesla.”

"One day, someone spray-painted a swastika in the parking lot in a conspicuous spot. Sullivan said he never saw anyone at the company ever clean it away or paint it over. “That just made me sick,” he said. “I said, ‘I don’t care how big this company is or what they’re offering, this just does not meet my moral standards.’” He quit that April. In his legal complaint, he wrote that it was “devastating to see an organization so large, so technologically advanced, and so forward-thinking in some ways be so regressive in its practices regarding race and discrimination.” 

The Nation on The Toxic Culture at Tesla

Yeah, and I think the "forward-thinking" is vastly overrated as well. We don't need autopilot electric cars we can't afford, for instance. We need affordable electric cars and the infrastructure to support their use. The documentary film, Who Killed The Electric Car?,  came out in 2006, before Tesla's rise. It's like Musk figured out how to revive the electric car by making them only accessible to the wealthy. Thanks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment